About the Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute
The mission of Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute is to provide accessible, comprehensive training and credentialing for fire and emergency response personnel to promote health and safety in Kansas Communities.
The University of Kansas, Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute (KFRTI) was instituted by State of Kansas legislative law (K.S.A. 76-327) in 1949. Rather than firefighters traveling across the State of Kansas to a centralize training facility, Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute brings certified and experienced instructors and training to local jurisdictions to train fire and emergency response personnel at no cost to Kansas fire and emergency response personnel.
We deliver training:
- At your location - hands-on training with state of the art props and equipment
- Online - complete training programs in your fire station
- Hybrid - both online and in-person
- At no cost to Kansas firefighters and emergency response personnel
- Training is available for private industry for cost. Please contact us for details.