ClearText: News & Information for the Kansas Fire Service
ClearText is the Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute information-sharing newsletter. Each issue focuses on a single topic designed to clarify and broaden understanding about the Institute’s practices and services.
Named for the NIMS/ICS practice of clear text communications, the newsletter features topics in a "straight to the point" manner taking no more than one or two pages. We try to avoid lengthy justifications and explanations, but if anyone wants more information, please contact us at KUFIRE@ku.edu. We are always glad to provide detailed explanations about our programs.
ClearText is e-mailed to fire service members and is published hereon our website. New editions will be sent as topics arise—possibly, one or two per month.
Back Issues of ClearText
- ClearText 2015, No. 1 KF&RTI offers Introduction to Technical Rescue course
- ClearText 2014, No. 5 Russell T. Greene to Join KF&RTI Staff!
- ClearText 2014, No. 4 National Certification Fees Effective January 1, 2015
- ClearText 2014, No. 3 Retirement Announcement and Job Opening at the Institute
- ClearText 2014, No. 2 New Fire Fighter I & II Coming July 1, 2014
- ClearText 2014, No. 1 Change Required for EMT Continuing Education Training Documentation
- ClearText 2013, No. 4 Take a look at us! New Web Page - New Web Address!
- ClearText 2013, No. 3 Firefighter Skills Trainer - Our New Addition to the Fleet!
- ClearText 2013, No. 2 Online Instructor 1 Training available from KF&RTI
- ClearText 2013, No. 1 National Fire Academy Student Identification Designator Number
- ClearText 2012, No. 5 KF&RTI at the State Fair September 7-16
- ClearText 2012, No. 4 Firefighter Training Changes
- ClearText 2012, No. 3 New Certificates
- ClearText 2012, No. 2 Recruiting and Retaining
- ClearText, 2011, No. 3—Listservs: a great way to stay informed
- ClearText, 2011, No. 2—KU Fire & Rescue Training Institute - Your Source for Free Training
- ClearText No. 7: Prerequisites for Training & National Certification—Why and When?
- ClearText No. 6: Certification Part 3—Preparing for Exams
- ClearText No. 5: Certification Part 2-Test Design and Structure
- ClearText 2010, No. 4—National Certification Part 1: Accreditation and Certification
- ClearText 2010, No. 3—The Teaching/Learning Process: Instructor Responsibilities
- ClearText 2010, No. 2—The Teaching/Learning Process: Student Responsibilities
- ClearText 2010, No. 1 — Welcome to ClearText